Thursday, March 8, 2012

Angry Bear! (it must be exclaimed)

Ok, I knew I had to get a copy of Super Dungeon Explore when I saw the Angry Bear mini.

One thing about Super Dungeon Explore minis is that they're not as detailed as many lines. It is actually kind of like having a blank pallet in front of me, and I could do anything I want with it.

So, I decided to add quite a bit of detail myself. The most obvious is the fur- I used a technique that used to be popular on Rackam's Wolfen.

But also, I added details to emphasize his anger. The gums showing, and red beneath the eyes were things that I felt brought out something in this mini that I hadn't seen in other paintjobs of him.

So, I guess the moral of the story is that it is a lot of fun to paint outside the lines, and it becomes easier to do when there aren't all that many lines to start out with.

Angry Bear!

And he might spend a little part of the game as a druid:

and a Druid some of the time

No comments:

Post a Comment