Friday, June 4, 2010
Salamanders Ironclad Dreadnoughts
As part of a commission for a Salamanders force, I painted up two Ironclad Dreadnoughts with a lot of freehand and details on them.
Part of it was to make each dreadnought stand apart from the other. The answer to that, I found, was freehand.
I tried to make the flame effects and the freehand very different on each dreadnought- especially the banner. Only one of the dreadnoughts has hazard stripe freehand on him at all, and the other one has bright flame freehand and scroll work instead.
Overall, I think the pair of them turned out quite well.